Friday, November 15, 2013

Inspiration Elevator

You may recall that the purpose of the Inspiration Elevator challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to mature as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges at the Inspiration Elevator Blog.

We are thrilled to welcome guest artist Misty Russell and her eclectic, artistic style to Inspiration Elevator this month.

 November's challenge comes from the very talented Joanne Burton. Here's the challenge she posed:

"November's Challenge: Back in Time.  I love looking through old photos (or not so old photos!) and remembering the great memories that go along with them. Some pictures evoke a strong emotional response while others just bring a sweet smile to our face as we recall the details of when it was taken. With that in mind, I would like each of you to pick a favourite photo and go back in time! I want you to take your photo and actually revisit the place where the photo was taken. Then take a 'picture of the picture' in it's original setting and scrapbook your new photo. **If you are absolutely not able to revisit the place where the photo was first taken, then pick a favorite picture with lots of memories attached to it and scrapbook that. 

In either case, I want you to journal the story behind your photo. Make your journaling and photo come together in such a way that we feel like we are back in time with you!"

So we were given this challenge awhile back, and I knew exactly what photo I wanted to do... but the problem was, I couldn't find it, when I needed it, so then it was back to the drawing board. Since moving in July I have boxes and boxes full of pictures and yes, I went through them all. Finally I decided that it is going to have to be something a little more recent, but hopefully something that I can tie back to "the good old days".  FINALLY I came up with a photo that had a lot of meaning to it. A photo after just moving back to the Niagara area, of me and my husband with Jordan and Josh in front of the the Comfort Maple.  Yes, it looks just like a old tree (the oldest know sugar maple in Canada!), but just down the road was where I grew up, and I use to bike here all the time to play and run around.  It was fun going down memory road with them, and since the photo was taken, we haven't been back since. So I thought why not??  I decided to take Taylor with me, since she was the only one who really wanted to go (lol!) see the "big tree".  She loved it, and it was fun, once again to see the joy on her face!  Another kind of "neat tidbit" is that my first layout that was ever published in a print magazine was using this picture, so its fun to scrap it again, from a different perspective!
Thanks for the awesome challenge!









 I hope you will stop by and see what the rest of the incredible Inspiration Elevator designers have created:

Guest Designer Misty Russell 

If you feel inspired to play along with our challenge this month, please share it using the linky tool on our Inspiration Elevator blog and/or our Inspiration Elevator Facebook page. We'd LOVE to see what you made!

7 comments:

misty said...

love the colors and great design! Great page!

Ann Jobes said...

Great story behind your page. That tree is HUGE! Sweet layout and approach to the challenge.

Joanne said...

This is such a fabulous layout! I love your 'photo of a photo' - perfectly executed! - and how you designed your layout around the picture and your journaling! Well done my friend :)
Joanne xo

Unknown said...

Love this Jodi, great story and I love that you used happy colours to document this sweet memory!

LisaM said...

Love your colors and fabulous design. Wonderful layout, Jodi!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Beautifully clean and simply style page! Love the pattern combos and you do such a great job with the layered embellishments. Great story behind the page too!

Cathy said...

Love the papers you chose, the story and as always an amazing design!