Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some REVEALS and A CROP at THE SCRAPPING NOOK!

Hi everyone, LOTS to reveal today! I was trying to get to the computer this weekend... BUT... my daughter came home from school on Friday sick. So it made its way to me, which pretty much took up all my time and energy... i guess it didn't help that it was her 6th birthday AND my 7th wedding anniversary! Anyways, I do have lots to share today!

As a design team member at the Nook, I get to play with a new kit every month, and reveal 3 or 4 projects throughout the month! Last week, I revealed the all 2 cute Halloween Mini Album! Today I am revealing a Layout I did with the same awesome papers from LYB (Booville).... Here is what I created:

All embellishments are also from LYB, with exception to the cute spooky CROW that I created from MAYA Road chipboard and glitter! I love how this turned out! I need more Halloween picture to scrap!

My next reveal is from TREASURED SCRAPBOOKING... yes, I made it to the next round (acutally I find out if I made it to the final round, sometime today!)... Here is what I created:

Here was the challenge:

* Choose ONE technique to highlight as the star of the party. You must truly highlight the technique. Push the boundaries, kick it up a notch, think outside the box and a whole bunch of other cliches like that. Smile I cannot emphasize enough how important the use of a technique is in this challenge.

* Use ONLY one photo.

* Use black and white on your layout, but there must be other color present as well. You can use as much other color as you want, as long as there is some black and white present.

* Use bling, after all this about being a star! It can be glitter, rhinestones, etc, as long as something has some glitz to it!

I will let you know soon, if I make it to another round!

Finally I played with the sketch at Creative Scrappers! (I LOVE their sketches, and often look at the old sketches for lots of inspiration...) Here is what I created from their sketch this week:


Finally, the Scrapping Nook is having a crop this weekend. It starts on Friday Evening, goes for over a week! That's two weekends to complete challenges! Be sure to visit the forum for more details!

On Monday, was Josh's first day of school too! He was so nervous and excited... and of course there were tears... (from me only!)... I can't believe my little boy is gone to school! Here is the best photo I could take with an extremely hyper 4 year old before going on the bus:


Of course, I have to leave you with a picture of my all to chubby Taylor! i can't believe how fast she is growing! Look how chubby she is!!

No comments: