Wednesday, May 9, 2012

2nd Wednesday's with Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker

It's my monthly blog post over at Nikki Sivils Blog :)... This month we got to use Allison Davis Sketches from her sketch books! Before I received mine, I already had two books of hers, so you know I LOVE her sketches! You can also see daily postings from her website with her Design Team at Sketch Support.
I chose to do a double layout and a single layout:

 In Honour of Mother's day, I did a layout of my mom with little miss Taylor. Below is a close up of the butterflies using want 2 scrap bling!  For details on how to make these cute butterflies, see my post: HERE.


My next layout was a double layout:

I LOVE this layout and the story behind it!  This was our trip to New Zealand over Christmas!  I love that the cut-out airplane is flying over the clouds in the picture!  Here is a close up:

And I used Glue Arts Cut Ups to make a pocket for my journalling:


If you are wondering about the story about how we got there! (its a good one!... head on over to my New Zealand blog: Here)

Today was a nice surprise in the daycare too- my son and Dawson came running to tell me there were GIANT RATS outside! What!! I ran out, to see two HUGE possums by our deck! The kids loved it! The possums scampered off, but the whole day that's all they could talk about, and they were looking for clue's during our outdoor time! Too Cute!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for MORE scrappy stuff :)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeee them!!

Mara Campbell said...

I love all the pennants on the first layout and the precious photos!! And I really love your 2-pager. I struggle with those, I love all the photos you included.