Monday, May 7, 2012

A couple of cards to share...

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic Scrappy weekend!  I was busy trying not to think of my sister. She fell at a basketball game at her school she teaches at, and now she has a torn ACL and broke her tibia in four places :(. She had surgery on Saturday, and is now in a cast for 3 months with no mobility, and a lot of pain :(... To keep my mind of her during surgery, I scrapped. I found this site for the first time, and loved the card sketch so I thought I would make a GET WELL CARD to send to her:

I used stamps from The Alley Way Stamps, and some scrap paper I had hanging around.  Hope this put a little smile on her face :).  Here is the sketch from Card Patterns that I used:

I moved the center bit to side and made it a horizontal card to fit the phrasology stamp from the Alley Way Stamps.

Next up, I created a card from the layout sketch at Jillibean soup! Jordan had a sports birthday party to go to, so I thought GAME DAY chilli would be PERFECT for the party. The sentiment is from The Alley Way Stamps.  Here is the card I made:


I did manage to get done a few design team things too, but I will have to wait and share these :)

This weekend, Jordan came home from a playdate from a friends house, and this is who she brought home with her:


 Meet Tommy the Turtle (yikes!)

And in daycare this week, we are talking about The OCEAN... Here is Lauren exploring a little bin of Seashells:


I have lots of projects to share this week :) See ya soon!

5 comments:

VanessaB said...

oh your poor sister. hope she heals well and quickly. love your get well card. that's soooo cute! your other card is great, too! congrats on tommy the turtle. ;)

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love the cards and cute pics. Hope your sister's recovery is as smooth and painless as possible!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your poor sister! I hope she feels better soon! I loveeeeeeee your cards!! And Tommy is cute!!!

Olena said...

So cute cards! Great job! And nice pics. Olena

Anna-Karin said...

I am sorry for your sister, I hope she recovers quickly! Love the card you made, great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!