Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Inspiration Elevator Reveal- 10 years from now

You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges our new Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

Our challenge this month comes from the very talented Jodi Wilton (THAT'S ME!) . Here's what she had to say in her very own words:

"My challenge for January. The New Year is always about bettering
ourselves; looking into the future, and making goals (some attainable,
some not so much). Scrapbooking is about recording the story and most of
 these stories are in the past, so we don't forget the memories we
created. For this challenge I would like you to scrapbook yourself, your
 family, or a particular family member
and where you (or them) would like to be in ten years time. The focus
for this challenge is on the journaling. Your layout or art journal may
be in the form of a letter to your future self. Your layout may or may
not have any photo at all and be all about the journaling. Dip deep!
Really think about what you can (or they can) accomplish! What are your
dreams? What are your goals? Good luck ladies!"

So I have been thinking about this type of layout for a very long time, put I have kept putting it off. I knew it would be an emotional one, and this was the perfect challenge for the new year.  I wanted the layout to be all about the journaling. I wasn't sure if it would be private or for the world to see.  I decided to look into the future of my three kids. To talk about each of them, what I wished for them, and how their current personalities will round and shape them into a young teenager (Taylor), finishing off High School (Josh), and being in University (Jordan)... 

So here is the layout I created:

I ABSOLUTELY Love this layout... Maybe because the journaling means so much (and yes it took up half the layout)... maybe the design... maybe because I have wanted to do this for so long, and now that it is "done"  it is a sense of accomplishment :) Whatever it is I love it! It tells a story, and gives my kids a message on how much they are loved, and how special the are... and how the future is an open book!  Here is the journaling that I decided to share with you too:


Jordan's Future:


Josh's Future:



Little Miss Taylor's Future:


Yep, this challenge brought tears to my eyes... I am scared to blink and the 10 years will have gone by! I can't wait to reread this to them 10 years from now too!  

On a side note, I created the layout with the collection: Wonderful Day. I loved the bright colours in this collection and was perfect for telling my story.

I hope you have time to go and visit the super talented Inspiration Elevator Gals:



14 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I can see why you'd get teary over this topic, Jodi. I already cry when I think about Alexa going to college and that's still five years away. LOL! Love this idea! Love this page with the banner design. So awesome!

Lisa Spiegel said...

Aww..this is SO sweet and I love the design of your layout with the journaling so prominent...thanks for a great challenge, Jodi!

Michelle Hernandez said...

This is so lovely!I love how detailed the jopurnaling is for each child- they will realy love reading this. I also love the color and how grounded the design looks- wonderful!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty page, gorgeous accents and heartfelt journalling. I love the way to you added the years!

Tracey said...

What a fabulous page Jodi!!! Love this!!

Joanne said...

Oh Jodi! What a beautiful and heartfelt layout! I love the photos, the bright colours, and most of all the journaling! Awesome challenge :)
Joanne xo

Cathy said...

so amazing and awesome journaling!

Ashley Horton said...

What a great idea for a layout, Jodi! Love what you did with this and the fun banner pennants you added behind the journaling!

Julie Bonner said...

Oh I just LOVE this layout Jodi!!!! Great design & the idea - what will your kiddos be like in ten years - just awesome!!

JanR said...

Fabulous layout, Jodi! I loved reading your journalling.

You might want to take a look at the last four links on you IE list.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a great layout design and heartfelt journaling! Looks like an awesome topic to scrapbook about. :)

LisaM said...

Love your design and journaling Jodi!
Thanks for an awesome challenge!

Tracy Penney said...

A beautiful layout. What a great idea. I think I may have to give that one a try for my girls and myself.

Christa said...

What an amazing design! I love how you did this for each child. It has great flow and gorgeous photos. So clean and awesome!