Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sketchy Challenge with Canadian Scrapbooker

This month, the talented Sue Skyes has created an awesome, inspiring sketch, which I couldn't wait to play with! I look forward to seeing what sketch we get to play each month at Canadian Scrapbooker!  Here is my layout:


Don't you just LOVE all those circles?  I used the RSVP collection, and it is and AMAZINGLY fun collection! So many fun embellishments to choose from as well as fun colours and patterns for their paper! Of course I stuck with the birthday theme, and did a layout about Jordan at her 9th birthday party!

Here is the sketch I based it on:

I (of course!) love to embellish and dug into my Spellbinders! I used the scalloped circles for the circles on the layout (layered by a die cut circle), and one of my FAVOURITE dies now:  

Pretty cool, eh?

So here are some close ups:

YEP! I love those Balloons!! So super cute! I added some Basic Grey Stickers to the balloons for an extra touch. I then backed the balloons with some twine for their string and popped them up with Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares by 3L.  

The bottom of the balloons, I added the die cut bow and stapled them to the twine.

I did alot of layering with stickers and die cuts around the photo.

And finally I added the cute hat on the title! 

So be sure to get creating and link up your layout in the Sketchy Challenge Gallery: HERE!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Supplies Used: Patterned Paper, Stickers, Die cuts, 3D Embellies: Basic Grey; Dies: Spellbinders- scallop circles & Up, Up & Away; Twine: Doodlebug Design Inc.; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesive EZ Runner by 3L and Scrapbook Adhesive Foam Sqaures by 3L; Stampin Up Border Punch; Singer Sewing Machine; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Fun layout Jodi, cute photo too.

Ashley Horton said...

Such a cute page Jodi! Love the way you used the circles in the background!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and all the circles!!!!!!!!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so fun and colourful. Love the balloons.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

International Directory Blogspot said...

Hello I'am Chris from France

This is not a spam
Your blog is not on the "Directory Blogspot" ?
With little site offers free website promotion
I invite you to join
You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Represent Your Country
World-Directory is 193 countries in the world! and thousands of blogs
Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
Blog Url
Location Of Your Country In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
Happy Blogging
****************
We follow your blog! Please follow mine
You can forward this invitation to your friends

it joined the badge Directory blogspot
http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2013/12/27/13122701470512502811847305.gif

With the growing number of website scraping Register your sites, your challenges we opened a special page

PLEASE IMPERATIVE !
Registration for the "Directory" blog, are free.
We only ask you to follow the blog. Thank you for your understanding
**********************************************

Last news of "Directory Blogspot" "
Soon we will award the best Fashion blog and psp, Makeup, nails, crafts, handmade, cooking, paintings, home, photography, jewelry

Juliana Michaels said...

Such a great layout!!!