Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Canadian Scrapbooker November Sketch

Two posts in one day! Wowsers! I am on a roll!  I am just too excited to share with you my take on the sketch this month over at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine!  Here is my layout:



Supplies Used: Pattern Paper, Buttons, Chipboard, Stamps, Chipboard Letters, Letter Stickers: Fancy Pants Designs; Chipboard Bird Post: Fab Scraps; Ink: Colorbox Ink from Clearsnap & Stampin' Up! Ink. Twine: The Twinery; Marker: Sharpie; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesive EZ Runner by 3L; Best Creations Inc Foam Tape. Glossy Accents by Ranger; Tool: Prima Distressing Tool; Stampin' up 3/4 Inch Circle Punch


Here is the sketch I based it on:


 I really switched things up on this sketch, but that's why I LOVE working with sketches!  I decided to make my layout into a single page layout, but I immediately thought of banners, so I turned the left side of the sketch upside down.  I didn't have enough photos in the "photo spot" of the sketch so I added two photos, and framed them with a chipboard frame.   I simple ADORE the stamp set in the GOOD LIFE collection by Fancy Pants! I stamped on my layout and then punched out stamped circles and placed them in the centre of the stamped scalloped circles. I added some Fancy Pants Heart buttons for added interest:


 When I added the title I distressed it, and LOVED the look!

 Finally, I have been thinking that my layout was "missing something"... do you ever get that feeling?  Dug into my box of supplies to find some FAB SCRAPS  bird post! I thought that would make a great easel, and a perfect embellishment for the layout!  I painted it, and  cut the top off to look more like an easel; added a subtitle and a cute little sticker banner:

I liked the birdie too, so I added that to the corner of my chipboard frame! 

Hope you have a chance to play along this month with us!

**Looking to buy this collection... my local store: The Scrapping Nook is selling it... hop on over for a look: HERE

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Adorable!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those photos, the colors and all the circles!!!

Juliana said...

Love this layout Jodi! Super cute!!!

Anonymous said...

sac longchamp ptqusc sxztcq sac longchamp pas cher oxtovp fzxyxo longchamp pas cher sxzflv http://www.fashionmichaelkorsoutlet.com
thomas sabo uk wlhrcwm thomas sabo uk ludaftt thomas sabo charms rirolol http://www.tiffanyoutletonsale.net