Monday, January 20, 2014

Valentines Countdown!

Hi Everyone! Something to brighten up your Monday blues is a fun countdown project that is up on the Doodlebug Blog today! The Sweethearts collection is so super cute, and I fell in love with the Kraft Bags! Yep, as much as I loved them, I knew I wanted to embrace these sweet bags on my Valentine's Countdown. I started with a Blank Canvas that I have been meaning to use for some time. It was the perfect size to fit 5 bags across.

To start off, I cut the doilies in half and modge podged them around the border of the canvas. Next I used the washi tape in two designs on the outer edges of the canvas (and to cover up any imperfections)! I LOVE that Doodlebug has come out with a new smaller size! I am in love with the XOXOX tape! I then layered some punched out hearts on top of the white doilies to add some more color.



I then cut several rectangles to just give the Kraft Bags a bit of a border. I made sure to use my hot glue gun to adhere them to the canvas. Finally the fun part! Decorating each little bag! I layered each bag with Doodlebug goodies- from Doodlepops to stickers to Pixie Sticks! The combinations were endless with such fun embellishments in this collection!







Lastly,  I decided to create some tags, which I cut out with Lily White Cardstock. I then added some washi tape at the top for some punch of color.On the tags will be little Love Notes for my kids and I might just slide some heart lollipops in there too!



Thanks for letting me share some "sweetness" with you today!

Here is the final Product:




4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! This is sooooooooooooo cute! I love love love love it!!! LOVING those little pockets!!! And PS .. I left you a FB message :)

Jayne said...

Pretty and so cute, love the little details.

Jayne said...

Pretty and so cute, love the little details.

Ashley Horton said...

Such an adorable project Jodi!! Love the doilies that you added around the edges!